Tuesday 12 December 2017

Collaboration: Final Lord of the Rings Skits

Recently been struggling a bit with my skits, however they are now complete but it took a while. Instead of having a walk cycle it was agreed that a shuffle would be better, but the shuffle done in the animatic video didn't express the character's exhaustion so I filmed a new one below, (I used Rhia as a Frodo reference and Laura as Gimli reference and myself (partly) as Gandalf).

Close ups of facial expressions which can't be seen that well in skits.



But then I saw these two animations and I liked how they did movement, however theirs is more lively so I tried combining their style of movement with my reference video and got my skit - so the glide stays and I like it.

Camera wise I took inspiration from Bill Plympton's 25 Ways To Quit Smoking, I liked the one camera shot that showed everything and everything that happened in the skit performed for the camera rather than the camera trying to capture everything with various shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment