Monday 11 December 2017

Collaboration: LOTR Skit 2 - Progress 2

I've managed to do the basic animation for this skit but it's not there yet. I think the timing needs a bit more work and I think that's where it will become more funny, at the moment it's too slow. Next steps: Speed up the shuffling and see how that looks and try and emphasise the tiredness more in the shuffle. Also I'm going to use soft selection to make the ground plane look more terrain-like.


I'm also struggling with lighting, I have placed a directional light (1) rotated the same direction as the sunset in the painting is but for some reason I can't get it to cast shadows. I have another directional light (2) cast on the sign and darker side of the scene just so the sign can be seen but that light has shadows turned off.

DL 1: 1 Intensity 0 Exposure - DL 2: 0.5 Intensity Exposure 3
DL 1: 1 Intensity 0 Exposure - DL 2: 0.7 Intensity Exposure 3
DL 1: 1 Intensity 0 Exposure - DL 2: 0.9 Intensity Exposure 3
DL 1: 1 Intensity 1 Exposure - DL 2: 0.9 Intensity Exposure 3

No comments:

Post a Comment